To donate items from our wish list, please email us.
- Nutri Source Chicken and Rice Formula Dog Food (dry and canned for medium and small dogs)
- Performatrin (Adult/Senior/Weight Management) – small breed (dry and canned)
- Dog treats (no pigs ears or rawhide please)
- Canned pumpkin for helping dogs with sick tummies (pure, not pie type)
- Dog beds (all sizes)
- Small and medium sized dog crates (the wire kind)
- Collars and leashes (black leashes go with everything)
- Depends or pads (used for belly bands and diapers for incontinent dogs)
- Washable pee pads
- Blankets, towels, paper towels
- Laundry soaps, bleach
- Postage stamps
- File folders, mailing envelopes
- Gas cards for transporting dogs
- Printer ink (63 XL for HP Office Jet 3830, colour and black)
INTAKE FREEZE: You will notice that very few dogs are being posted under our adoptable seniors album. Because of the pandemic we have had to cancel a number of our fundraising events. We fundraise to pay for vetting of our senior dogs and have accrued more in bills than we have in donations. Until we’re able to both accept and care for dogs while we help them find their forever families, we have had to pause on bringing in more rescues.
For currently adoptable seniors, please visit our Facebook page.
Thank you for your continued support.
Before the Bridge Senior K9 Rescue is a volunteer operated, registered charity located in Stony Mountain, Manitoba. We rescue senior dogs in need that have been surrendered, neglected or dumped in a pound and help them to find permanent, loving homes to live out their days. Every dog rescued by BTBSK9 Rescue is rescue protected, from the moment they come to us until they cross the rainbow bridge.
We place dogs with loving foster families, who care for the dogs until they find their forever homes. The foster families and volunteers are the foundation of Before the Bridge and we couldn’t operate without them. We are always looking for fosters and are happy to work with you to find a dog that would fit you home. If you are at all interested, we invite you to find out more about being a foster and to fill out our foster application.
Curious about the benefits of fostering or adopting a senior dog? There are plenty! Check some out here: Why Rescue a Senior Dog?