Before the Bridge Senior K9 Rescue is not a shelter. We place dogs with loving foster families who care for the dogs until they find their forever homes.
What does it take to be a foster home for BBSK9R?
- Comfortable indoor home (dog standards, we’re not talking the Hilton here)
- A fully fenced yard
- Exercise time – walking, running, swimming, Frisbee, etc.
- Some training or retraining if necessary
- Rules, boundaries and limitations
- Transportation to and from veterinary appointments
- Transportation to and from adoption events and meetings with potential adoptive families
Personal skills should include:
- Some knowledge of dog behaviour
- Some experience with dog handling
- The ability to love and let go
- The understanding that each of your charges are perfect in their imperfections
- The ability to work with a team for the welfare of the dog in spite of personal feelings
- The ability to organize, process and provide paperwork (small amount usually)
- The ability to handle frustration when your charge doesn’t understand what is required of him/her
- Willingness to be a part of the process of placing your charge in a new forever home
What does BBSK9R provide for it’s foster homes?
- Dog food
- Materials the dog will need such as kennels, collars and leashes
- Moral support for the foster family
- Also tools and support for training
- Lots of opportunities for personal growth
- Lots of opportunities to volunteer
- Lots of opportunities to fall in love again and again and again
- If you want more information on fostering, please contact email@example.com.
If you’re interesting in becoming a foster for Before the Bridge, please fill out the application form here.